- Introduction & General Terms
PIVO is committed to protecting you and your family’s personal information when you are using PIVO services. We want our services to be safe and enjoyable for our customers. This Privacy and Cookies Policy relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you via the following services:
- any PIVO website that links to this Privacy and Cookies Policy;
- social media or official PIVO content on other websites;
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person when visiting our premises.
In order to provide you with the full range of PIVO services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains the following
- what information PIVO may collect about you;
- how PIVO will use the information we collect about you;
- when PIVO may use your details to contact you;
- whether PIVO will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
PIVO is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 2018 and the European General Data Protection Regulation, namely Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 repealing Directive 95/46/EC (these laws are referred to collectively in this Privacy and Cookies Policy as the “data protection laws”).
- Who are we?
PIVO is the only place in the UK where you can enjoy a wide selection of Czech sourced independent lagers and ales, available both on tap and in bottles/cans.
- What information will PIVO collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of PIVO’s products, services, activities or online content we may receive personal information about you. This includes content such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, email and mobile notifications, telephone or text, book tickets for a PIVO event or create an account using PIVO’s online registration system. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, gender or date of birth. It may also include information collected about your use of PIVO products and services (such as when you last visited our premises, what pages you visit on PIVO website).
PIVOs products and services are only available to persons aged 18 years or over. Any visitors to its services will be required to confirm they are aged 18 years or older.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information and sometimes sensitive personal information. When we do this, we will provide further information about why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
Where we provide personalised services, we may ask your permission to review third party data about you, for example, your Twitter or Facebook feeds, to get to know you better and to provide more effective personalisation. Some of our services enable you to sign-in via a third-party service, such as Facebook. If you choose to sign-in via a third-party app, you will be presented with a dialogue box which will ask your permission to allow PIVO to access your personal information (e.g. your full name, date of birth, email address and any other information you have made publicly accessible). Please note that any information that is not required by the particular service you have opted to use will not be retained by PIVO.
PIVO collects information about how you use PIVO mobile ordering apps, PIVO websites or other PIVO content online, and the device(s) you use to access the services. This includes collecting unique online identifiers such as IP addresses, which are numbers that can uniquely identify a specific computer or another network device on the internet.
4 How will PIVO use the information it collects about me?
PIVO will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries
- to provide you with the most user-friendly online navigation experience
- where we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity using our products and services so that we can offer a more relevant, tailored service. For instance, we could use your website viewing history to provide personalised recommendations. If you are signed-in or subscribed to email newsletters, you will receive a personalised service. If you don’t want to receive these services you can unsubscribe from email newsletters at any time.
- we may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Where PIVO proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. Please see section 6 below for details.
- When will PIVO contact me?
PIVO may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for, in order to ensure that PIVO can deliver the services, e.g. to verify your email when you sign up for a PIVO account, or to help you reset your password
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about PIVO products or services;
- in relation to any personalised services you are using;
- in relation to any communication you have submitted to PIVO, e.g.on PIVO message boards or feedback forms or via text or voicemail message;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about PIVO services (participation is always voluntary);
- to update you on any material changes to PIVO’S policies and practices
- for marketing purposes, as set out in section 7.
- Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
PIVO will only send you marketing emails or contact you on PIVO platforms where you have agreed to this. We offer regular emails to let you know about PIVO products and services. From time to time, we may also contact you to ask your views on issues affecting PIVO. We may personalise the message content based upon any information you have provided to us and your use of PIVO products and services.
We may use information which we hold about you to show you relevant advertising on third-party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter). This could involve showing you an advertising message where we know you have a PIVO account and have used PIVO products and services.
If you don’t want to be shown targeted advertising messages from PIVO, some third- party sites allow you to request not to see messages from specific advertisers on that site in future. If you want to stop all personalised services from PIVO, including targeted advertising messages on third party sites.
- Will PIVO share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information within PIVO except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, including for child protection reasons) or as described in this section and section 9.
Generally, we will use your information within PIVO and will only share it outside PIVO where you have requested it or given your consent. However, we may share with third party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter) some data, with appropriate security measures, to show you relevant advertising on third party sites, as set out in section 7. Sometimes PIVO uses third parties to process your information on our behalf, for example, to provide services or analysis. PIVO requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and PIVO requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way. In some cases, these third parties are located outside of the European Union.
We may share your personal information internally. Please see section 4 above for more details.
- How long will PIVO keep my personal information?
- Can I delete my data?
If the data we hold about you is not required for us to fulfil a legal obligation, you can delete your personal data by getting in touch with us at email@example.com
- Can I find out what personal information PIVO holds about me?
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information PIVO holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
If you are within the UK, please address requests and questions about this or any other question about this Privacy and Cookies Policy to the Marketing Manager; Veronika Silbergerova, PIVO, 2-4 Old Street, London, EC1V 9AA
We will need two copies of forms of identification, which can be: Passport, Driving licence, Birth certificate, Utility bill (from last 3 months), Current vehicle registration document, Bank statement (from last 3 months) or Rent book (from last 3 months).
- Web browser cookies
- What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (all referred to here as a “device”) web browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your web browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows. Similar technologies are also often used within emails to understand whether the email has been read or if any links have been clicked. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on PIVO website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.
On PIVO websites, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our websites to your interests.
- PIVO Sharing Tools
You will also see embedded ‘share’ buttons on PIVO web pages; these enable users to easily share content with their friends through a number of popular social networks. When you click on one of these buttons, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. PIVO does not control the distribution of these cookies. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on PIVO website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.
- PIVO cookies and how to reject cookies
It is important to note that if you change your settings and block certain cookies, you will not be able to take full advantage of some features of PIVO services and we might not be able to provide some features you have previously chosen to receive.
- Other information collected from web browsers
Your web browser may also provide PIVO with information about your devices, such as an IP address and details about the browser that you are using. We use the information provided by your browser or by the link that you have clicked to understand the webpage that directed you to PIVO Online and this may be captured by performance cookies.
- Changes to PIVO’s Privacy and Cookies Policy
This Privacy and Cookies Policy may be updated from time to time so you may wish to check it each time you submit personal information to PIVO. The date of the most recent revisions will appear on this page. If you do not agree to these changes, please do not continue to use PIVO websites to submit personal information to PIVO.
- Contacting PIVO about this Privacy and Cookies Policy
If you any questions or comments about this Privacy and Cookies Policy please contact;
the Marketing Manager
2-4 Old St